Michael, a partner with the firm, represents clients in all aspects of family law.
Michael frequently lectures both within New York State and nationally on topics involving family law and trial practice. Organizations before which he has spoken include the American Bar Association, the New York State Bar Association, the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (NY Chapter), the Alabama State Bar Association, the New York City Bar Association and the Legal Education Institute. He is the author of “Avoiding Deposition Pitfalls” (2010) (with Jonathan W. Wolfe), “Depositions Gone Wrong: The Seven Deadly Sins” (2009), and “The Secret To Success: Using Witness Consultants to Prepare Your Client” (2009). He has also contributed to the Matthew Bender and Co. publication “New York Civil Practice: Matrimonial Actions” (2009) and authored a chapter entitled “Prenuptial Agreements in New York: An Overview” (2011) for the treatise “Drafting Prenuptial Agreements” (Skoloff, Singer & Brown, Aspen Law & Business).
Michael, admitted to practice in both New York and Connecticut, has been selected for inclusion in the Best Lawyers in America (2015-2021) and New York Super Lawyers (2011-2021). Prior to joining the Firm, he served as a law clerk to the Honorable Virginia M. Morgan of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan.
1994 University of Michigan, B.A. (With Distinction)
2014 Fellow, American Bar Association
2014 New York State Matrimonial Practice Advisory and Rules Committee for 2014
2012 International Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
2009 American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (AAML)
2008 New York City Bar Association
2011-14 Chair, Matrimonial Law Committee New York State Bar Assoc.
2008 Vice-Chair for 2008, American Bar Association, Family Law Section
1998 New York State Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Imputation of Income, Tax Returns and New Child Support Guidelines 2017
- Imputation of Income, Tax Returns and New Child Support Guidelines
- Equitable Distribution in New York
- Prenups, Postnups and Divorce – What Agents and Advisors Need to Know to Effectively Counsel Their Clients
- Depositions Gone Wrong: The Seven Deadly Sins
- Social Media: Keeping Your Client Out of Trouble
- 2012 Greatest Hits (and Misses): An Overview of the Year’s Most Significant Family Law Cases
- 2011 Greatest Hits (and Misses): An Overview of the Year’s Most Significant Family Law Cases
- Bridge the Gap: Matrimonial Law
- The Keys to an Effective Deposition
- Depositions Gone Wrong: Taking An Effective Deposition
- Matrimonial Law in the Tri-State Area: The Critical Distinctions Every Practitioner Must Know
- The Secret to Success: Using Witness Consultants to Prepare Your Client
- Matrimonial Practice in the Digital Age: What You Need to Know About Electronic Evidence & Why
- What You Should Know, What You Never Knew, and What You Forgot About Privilege and Work Product Protection
- Bridging the Gap: Consultation with the Client and Moving the Matrimonial Case Through the System
- Matrimonial Law in the Tri-State Area: The Critical Distinctions Every Practitioner Must Know & Hot Tips from the Experts
- Practical Skills: Basic Matrimonial Practice
- Depositions: Rewards and Pitfalls